Tuesday, September 8, 2020

August 2020

I go in for the mammogram and ultrasound. For never having gone through it before, nothing surprised me. The ladies were great, everything went smoothly. I was there for several hours because they wanted to read the mammogram while I was there and decide if I needed an ultrasound. Well, of course they wanted an ultrasound. So then I waited for them to read the ultrasound, and tell me if they wanted a biopsy. Well, of course they wanted a biopsy. That was expected in my opinion. 

So my patient navigator Cheri (God bless her, she was wonderful!) called the next day to set up my biopsy. Let's just say having a biopsy done the first or second day of school was not an option for me. This was also over 2 weeks down the road. She recognized my frustration (maybe desperation) at not missing anything in the first few days of school. She called at least 4 different hospitals to finally find a place that could get me in before school started. Talk about being grateful! 

I make the hour and a half drive to get the biopsy done. Everything goes smoothly again. They check my lymph nodes and they look good. The only time I was uncomfortable was toward the end of the biopsy when they must have been closer to a section that wasn't as numb. Otherwise, all went well and there was nothing to do but wait (aka - get my classroom ready for school and worry about all the new regulations about how I would do things in the new era of You-Know-What). I will say, I saw a lot of colors from the bruising, but I never had any real pain other than slight discomfort now and then. The steri-strips were the most annoying part. I was so happy when they finally fell off, but a little shocked by the size of the hole left by the drill, I mean needle.

No comments:

Post a Comment

3 Years